We are looking to recruit a Blasting Operative to enhance our existing field-based teams. Using our patented technology, you will be required to safely and effectively remove build ups of slag and deposits from plants including but not limited to super heaters, economisers, heat exchangers and furnaces that could otherwise be damaging to plant and reduce efficiency.
This is a physically demanding role, working in a hazardous environment.
As a member of one of the field-based teams led by the Blasting Engineer, you will be responsible for visiting large industrial process plants across the UK, Ireland and occasionally Europe, carrying out various services including Linear Cleaning, Stick Blasting, Compressed Gas and Offline Cleaning.
Online Cleaning operate a 24/7 service and responsiveness to client requests is key to our success. Our field team operatives are flexible, resilient and above all, prepared to work away from home 5/6 days a week, including weekends.
All training, support and mentoring will be given in detail. The key to a successful candidate is a mechanical aptitude to work, flexible attitude towards working and traveling around the UK and dedication to manual labour.
Key Competencies – Essential
The Blasting Operative will:
- Be able to demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility to work shifts in response to customer demand, including weekends.
- Have experience within heavy industry/engineering environment.
- Have a proactive and can-do attitude.
- Willing to be away from home 5/6 days a week.
- Willing to travel all over the UK, with travel usually starting on a Sunday evening.
- Be able to work well as part of a team and also independently.
- Have considerable attention to detail.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Have an excellent practical understanding and appreciation for Health and Safety in hazardous environments.
- Be capable of lifting heavy equipment and walking around industrial facilities.
- Must have a full clean UK driving licence.
- Holds a Health & Safety certificate (CSCS or Safety Passport).
- Living in the Portsmouth, Southampton, Warrington and Sheffield areas.
Key Competencies – Desirable
It would be advantageous if the Blasting Operative:
- Has experience in a “hands-on” supervisory role.
- Has experience working in hazardous environments.
- Has a basic qualification in / understanding of mechanical maintenance.
- Confined space trained.
- Forklift licence.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Starting Salary of £30,000
- Overtime (not guaranteed)
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contribution Company pension (after 3 months of joining)
- Paid travel
- Paid overnight accommodation and expenses
To apply please send a copy of your current CV. Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Police Security check.